Becoming Acquainted – 50 Quick Questions
Want to try it? Copy the questions on your own blog or page, and add your own answers. Be sure to tag me, and 25 friends.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:45 a.m. Why?
2. How do you like your steak? Medium well. (CTRL-click here to read “Steakhouse Savvy: How to Order Steak Like a Bona Fide Beefeater.”)
3. What was the last movie you saw at the theater? I don’t even remember.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I like The Closer.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Gee, how about out west in wild horse country?
6. What did you have for breakfast? I haven’t eaten breakfast yet.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Perhaps pizza. (CTRL-click here to read “Chicago’s Favorite Pizzas.”)
8. What foods do you dislike? I cannot abide shellfish. In fact, even the cooking fumes can throw me into anaphylactic distress. Simply breathless.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? I love picnics. (CTRL-click here to read “Green Living Guide: Picnics with Potential.”)
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch. (How appropriate is that?)
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Ancient SUV. (CTRL-click here to read “Jeopardy in a Jeep.”)
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and barn tees. (I have to do daily laundry. Our family motto is this: "If you're not dirty, you haven't been to the barn." As a horse mom, I don't believe in signing kids up for riding lessons without expecting them to do some of the dirty work as well. After all, most of the equine experience occurs out of the saddle - not in it.)
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I’ve always wanted to visit Australia. Also Hawaii.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Overflowing. The Lord is good.
15. Where would you want to retire? Maybe Kentucky – with its rolling hills filled with romping equines.
16. Favorite time of day? Evenings. Sometimes I stay up way-ay too late, just enjoying the quiet house.
17. Where were you born? New England.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Steeplechase. I have to admit that I enjoy a good rodeo too.
19. Who do you think will NOT tag you back? Not sure.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? Not sure.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? What kind of a bass-ackward question is that?
22. Bird watcher? Today our yard is filled with pink flamingos, so I suppose we are all bird watchers.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Ha! Don’t catch me too early. Aaargh!
24. Do you have any pets? Do horses, dogs and a cat count?
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Hmmmm.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Grown up.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Biking down the big hill by our house.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? How about both? Did someone mention horses?
29. Are you married? Yes.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes.
31. Been in a car accident? Yes. Don’t ask. It was embarrassing. I’d had my license less than a month and was driving my dad’s little sports car. Crossing this icy railway bridge, I ran into the swim captain’s mom – quite literally. Wanted to dive under the dash.
32. Any pet peeves? Bad spelling.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? More cheese, please.
34. Favorite Flower? Lilies. (Duh.)
35. Favorite ice cream? Anything with chocolate chips in it.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Gotta love those Wendy’s salads.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed with flying colors. Still, you should have seen what happened to the lady in line in front of me. (CTRL-click here to read “Licensed to Drive – A True Story in Rhyme, But It Ought to Be a Crime.”)
38. From whom did you get your last email? Some guy in Nigeria, promising me millions.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? The tack store?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Does jumping in a Western saddle count? (Guys, don’t try that at home.)
41. Happy with your job? Self-employed. The boss is a slave driver.
42. Broccoli? Love it.
43. What was your favorite vacation? Gotta say Barbados. We had a big family fiesta there for my mom’s 65th birthday, a few years ago.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Family.
45. What are you listening to right now? My clicking keyboard keys.
46. What is your favorite color? Blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? None.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? Let’s see . . .
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 6:55 am.
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope, but I do like a little caffeine, now and then. (CTRL-click here to read “The Mean Bean – A Rhyming Spurt to Stay Alert.”)
Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through the entire Bible in chronological order.