Friday

Easy way to protect stacked dishes

 

How can you keep your favorite plates and dishes from chipping and scratching one another in your cupboard, on your kitchen shelf, or in your china cabinet?

Coffee filters to the rescue!

 I recently received a set of family heirloom china salad plates. They are dainty and fragile, but I think they are lovely. They’re extra special because they belonged to a loved one who has passed away.

 To preserve these pretty plates, I picked up a package of those scalloped white coffee filters.

 (They are extremely inexpensive too! They also come in an unbleached tan, but I think the white is less visible on my dishes. Plus, it seems to have a smoother texture.)

 I separated several coffee filters out and placed them between my stacked plates. They worked so well that I went ahead and added them to all of my stored breakable plates, dishes, saucers, and so on.


  Easy peasy. And they don’t really even show.

 

Related Items:

 

Image/s: Personal photo by LAN/PAH.

 

Feel free to follow on Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment