Saturday

My crafty friends rock

I love having crafty friends. Seriously, these ladies are considerably more crafty than I'd ever hope to be. And I appreciate them.

No, my pals aren’t crafty in the sneaky and conniving way, like the crafty creature who enticed Eve to crunch into the forbidden fruit. My crafty friends are creative and constructive and utterly fun. And I am so glad to know them.

Meet Marie Anne St. Jean and Jaipi Sixbear, two of my craftiest friends.

Retired U.S. Marine Marie Anne St. Jean is a freelance writer, blogger and chicken farmer in Ohio. A whimsical storyteller, she’s also amazing with a crochet hook or a pair of knitting needles. You might say, Marie Anne can spin a yarn in many intriguing ways.

Check out these crafty articles from Marie Anne:

  • Accidental Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern
  • Lickety-Split Knit Dishcloth Pattern
  • The granny square - Look what Granny can do!
  • What Can I Crochet with One Skein of Yarn?

Don’t miss Marie Anne’s online knit shop, aptly named The Crooked Yarn, as well as the accompanying handiwork blog with the same title.

Eco-friendly gardener, cook and crafter Jaipi Sixbear is also a freelance writer. Colorado-based Jaipi covers such topics as alternative medicine, parenting, beauty and do-it-yourself home improvement.

Take a peek at these creative pieces by Jaipi:

  • 5 Easy Craft Projects for 3-Year-Olds
  • Crazy Go Green Recycled Crafts
  • How to Make Inexpensive Homemade Laundry Soap, Degreaser and Fabric Softener
  • Inexpensive Crafts Made with Dollar Store Items

Jaipi started Sun Drenched Soaps, her own soap-making business in 2011, using only all-natural, cruelty-free, hypoallergenic ingredients.

What a combination of creative companions!

As if it were not a blessing enough to count such inventive individuals among my circle of friends, these two cool and crafty ladies recently teamed up to offer a prize drawing, hosted by Marie Anne’s The Crooked Yarn blog.

And I won.  Look what they sent me! I just received four gorgeous hand-knit all-natural washcloths, along with a set of lovely and fragrant eco-friendly soaps. 

The shell soap is orange vanilla, and the embossed rectangle is a lavender moonlight goat’s milk soap. (Actually, the yellow square one is a lavender-scented body lotion bar.)

Of course, you can find similar products online, but only if you shop directly with Marie Anne’s The Crooked Yarn or Jaipi’s Sun Drenched Soaps.

Thanks, Marie Anne and Jaipi! You have blessed me. 

Yes, my crafty friends rock.

Image/s
Crochet photo by Flora - Creative Commons Licensing
Marie Anne St. Jean and Jaipi Sixbear profile photos – Fair Use
Prize photo by Linda Ann Nickerson – Nickers and Ink

1 comment: