Monday

My SW Daybook – March/April 2020 edition




Whoa! It’s been awhile since I participated in The Simple Woman’s Daybook. But it’s about time. It’s a wonderful group of faith-filled bloggers, and I always find the fellow participants’ posts delightful and inspiring.

So here goes:

For today

It’s a little damp and dark around here today, but I’m grateful that we have just enjoyed a lovely spring-like weekend with lots of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. Spring is coming, folks!

The rain is scheduled to start in six minutes. C’mon, flowers. Get ready to pop up.  You've been sleeping long enough. We can hardly wait to see you.

Looking out my window...

We had an unexpected visitor at our front door. This friendly feline took special interest in our self-appointed head of household, the cat who thinks she is top dog. And she is kind of correct in that regard. Hey, she’s a Maine Coon. Nobody wants to mess with her!

LAN photo. All rights reserved.

I am thinking...

Despite all of the nay-saying news we hear on TV and when we are out-and-about, the world is still a pretty beautiful place. Here’s a sweet scene we saw on yesterday’s windy and wonderful run around a local lake.

CL photo. All rights reserved.

I am thankful...

The trash truck comes once a week, and it’s always a welcome arrival. Our neighbors across the backyard leave their diaper-filled dumpsters in their driveway, right where the wind is most likely to topple them over. The stuff blows right into our yard. We pick up their discards several times each week – along with their dog’s droppings. And can you tell they haven't picked up a rake since they moved in three years ago?

Not that any of this this bothers us … or does it?

LAN photo. All rights reserved.

One of my favorite things...

This little guy rocks my world. He’s six months old and ready to take on the world. Actually, he just wants to crawl, but he’s still working on lifting that midsection off the floor. One of these days, he’ll be up and running, and there will be no stopping him.

Grand-parenting is everything I heard it would be – and more.

LAN photo. All rights reserved.
I am wearing...

Working from home today, I’m sporting a pair of brown jeans, topped by a favorite casual button-down shirt. So far, I’m in slippers, but I’ll soon step into boots to run a few errands and catch a routine medical appointment later.

I am creating...

Every time I duck into the stables to visit and ride our horse, I create a horse-sized tumbleweed of the hair she sheds. This is surely a sign of balmier days to come!

LAN photo. All rights reserved.
I am watching... 

Yes, I have heard this show is kind of coarse and violent, but I’ve also heard it’s worth the watch. So I am giving Hunters a try. It’s on Amazon Prime.

Promo image. Fair use.
I am reading...

My running/training partner gave me First Marathons as a birthday gift. Every time I have a few minutes to sit still, I read a short chapter or two. I find these stories from inspiring runners motivating and intriguing.
Cover/promo image. Fair use.

When I ran my first full marathon, I said I would be one-and-done. Then I did a second marathon. Now I am looking at my 2020 race calendar and considering another one.


I am listening to...

I always have a few current favorite songs. Here’s one I’m loving. It’s “Edge of My Seat” by Toby Mac. I love when he says, “Behold, I am doin' a new thing in the land. / It's springin' forth. / Do you perceive it?” (That’s from Isaiah 43:19.) 



I am hoping...

My hope is in the Lord. That’s the whole story.

Image created by this user with online generator.
I am learning... 

My latest fitness addiction is TRX suspension training. I’m feeling it more than a little in my shoulders this morning, but I can’t get enough of TRX.

Public domain image.
In the kitchen...

My crockpot is creating a delicious atmosphere in my whole house, cooking up another batch of one of my best soups. It’s Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup. Here’s the recipe.

Shared Quote

“Even if I knew that
tomorrow the world would go to pieces,
I would still plant my apple tree.”
Martin Luther (1483-1546)

A moment from my day...

I just received a text from my kid, asking if I’d be willing to babysit the little guy later this week. Let me think about … uh, sure!

Post Script

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment