Awards are awesome, particularly creative compliments coming from colleagues. Thank you, Amy Brantley at Freelancin’ for $1,000 a Week for presenting me with the Kreativ Blog Award. She even used these kind words to describe me: “giving,” “helpful,” and “useful.” How sweet. Thanks, Amy!
By the way, Amy’s one of my favorite foodies! Check out her online content, and you’ll see why.
Now it’s my turn.
In true blog-networking tradition, I’m supposed to pass the Kreativ Blog Award on to seven fellow bloggers. Here they are:
- ShawnTe at SJP’s fashion Updates – Fashionable. Frugal. Fun
- Jaipi at Healthy Reflections – Smart. Sassy. Simply hilarious.
- Jacob at The 100 Novel Challenge – Lively. Literate. Laconic.
- Joan at My Quality Day – Daily. Determined. Delightful.
- Mike at Miller Vents – Candid. Clear. Comical.
- Mad at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog – Witty. Winsome. Whimsical.
- Elizabeth at Word Nerd Speaks – Open. Original. Optimistic.
Just for fun.
Here’s the second part of accepting the Kreativ Blog Award, answering 10 questions and offering 10 random facts about myself.
10 questions about me:
- What is your favorite song? I love “That’s Why God Made the Moon,” by John Elefante.
- What is your favorite dessert? I adore mint chip ice cream.
- What ticks you off? Slow drivers in the passing lane bug me a bit.
- What do you do when you’re upset? I take a walk around the block to cool off. (Look out, neighbors!)
- What is/was your favorite pet? Ashley, my first horse, was in a class of her own.
- Which do you prefer, black or white? How about streaks of grey? (I have plenty of those. No, wait! Those are blonde now, just like the grey streaks of every other woman over 40.)
- What is your biggest fear? Not sure, really.
- What is your attitude mostly? Hopeful.
- What is perfection? Nothing human.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Does TV count?
10 random facts about me:
- I’m a salty-crunchy craver.
- I am addicted to wordplay.
- I love horses. (Bet you knew that, if you’ve visited The Mane Point, my horsey blog.)
- My favorite fashion colors are basic and bold.
- I sing in the shower, but only when no one is home.
- I sing in the car, but only on the open road.
- I love gardening, but not bugs.
- I once pierced my own ear – on purpose.
- I prefer silver over gold.
- I’d love to become a vegetarian, but I only like three or four vegetables.
Thanks again, Amy, for the award. Readers: Check out Amy’s blog and the Kreativ Blogger Award winners I selected. Leave comments with links to your blogs. Who knows? Someone might tag you with the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Kreative Blogger Award logo – Fair Use
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.