Sunday

Midsummer Reading

Posted for a variety of prompts:
Meme Express (Paperback Pleasers)
Scrumptious Sunday (Week #23)
Slice of Life Sunday (Writer’s Choice)
Snackie Sunday (Favorite Book & Currently Reading)

What am I reading right now? How many answers should I list?

Usually, at any given time, I have at least three or four books going. Bookmarked or dog-eared, these volumes seem to find their way into my nightstand, my book bag or my beach tote. Most often, a half-read book also appears between the two front seats of my car, just in case I have a few moments during my “Mom’s Taxi” runs.


To me, a good book is like a sturdy snack. Whether I head for the barn, the beach or the backyard, I will not set out without a stack of reading material.

Besides devotional reading, professional development materials and current periodicals, I am digging into The Shack, by William P. Young. Several friends and family members have recommended this story, so I am beginning to page through it. Check back, if you want to find out how I liked it.

Other books I have recently read include:

Autumn Blue, by Karen Harter

The Bait of Satan, by John Bevere

Clapton: The Autobiography, by Eric Clapton

Hope Rising, by Kim Meeder

The Kindness of Strangers, by Katrina Hittle

The Penny, by Joyce Meyer

Riding Lessons, by Sara Gruen

Some of my favorite books of all time include:

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis

The Confidence Man, by Herman Melville

Hinds’ Feet on High Places, by Hannah Hurnard

My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers

Paradise Lost, by John Milton

Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan

The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne

A Tale of Three Kings, by Gene Edwards

A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens

To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

The Weeping Chamber, by Sigmund Brouwer


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a reader! I have to read one book at a time and then move on to the next one-lol! Thanks for sharing your wonderful reading list with us at Scrumptious Sunday! I didn't post last week and I won't this week. I have been very busy! Have a great day!

    Mere

    ReplyDelete