What are America's best ice cream spots?
Does ice cream hit the spot for you? Are you a sucker for soft serve, or you love hand-dipped scoops of this frozen dairy favorite?
Where can you find the best ice cream spots in the nation?
Food & Wine magazine lists their 25 top picks for U.S. ice cream spots (listed alphabetically below).
- Amy's Ice Cream - Austin, Texas
- Annabelle's Natural Ice Cream – Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Big Dipper Ice Cream – Missoula, Montana
- Bi-Rite Creamery – San Francisco, California
- Blue Marble – Brooklyn, New York
- Bubbie's Ice Cream - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Cool Moon Ice Cream – Portland, Oregon
- Crescent Ridge Dairy Bar – Sharon, Massachusetts
- Four Seas Ice Cream – Centerville, Massachusetts
- Glace Artisan Ice Cream – Kansas City, Missouri
- Graeter's – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ici Ice Cream – Berkeley, California
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams – Columbus, Ohio
- Maple View Farm and Dairy – Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Molly Moon Ice Cream – Seattle, Washington
- Moomers Homemade Ice Cream – Traverse City, Michigan
- Mora Iced Creamery – Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Mount Desert Ice Cream – Bar Harbor, Maine
- Pumphouse Creamery – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Sweet Action Ice Cream – Denver, Colorado
- Sweet Republic – Scottsdale, Arizona
- The Creole Creamery – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Three Twins Organic Ice Cream – San Rafael, California
- Toscanini's – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Woodside Farm Creamery – Hockessin, Delaware
Have you tried any of these top ice cream spots?
Personally, I’ve been to at least three of the ice cream spots on the Food & Wine pick list.
Here are a few ice cream spots Food & Wine seems to have missed.
- Brigham’s Ice Cream – all over New England
- Gray’s Ice Cream – Tiverton, Rhode Island
- Homer’s Ice Cream – Wilmette, Illinois
- Leopold’s Ice Cream – Savannah, Georgia
- Lulu’s Sweet Apothecary – New York City, New York
- The Original Chinatown Ice Cream Factory – New York City, New York
- Richardson’s Ice Cream – Boston, Massachusetts
- Scoop’s – Los Angeles, California
- Shain’s of Maine – Sanford, Maine
- Sherman’s Dairy – South Haven, Michigan
Can you name any other super ice cream spots?
Where do you go, when you’ve gotta have a fine ice cream fix? And what’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Do you know a secret hometown ice cream spot, or do you usually opt for a larger chain? If you pick a nationwide ice cream purveyor, are you partial to Ashby’s Sterling, Baskin-Robbins, Ben & Jerry’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Culver’s, Dairy Queen, Dutch Dreams, Friendly's, Starbuck’s, TBCY or another ice cream spot?
By the way, June 25th is National Strawberry Parfait Day.
You know the drill:
We all scream
For ice cream.
And that’s the scoop.
- 60 Ways to Eat Food on a Stick at the State Fair
- Berries and Chocolate May Ward Off Parkinson's Disease
- Healthy Dessert Recipes for Holidays and More
- How to Make Chocolate-Covered Bacon
Public Domain Clip-Art