Maybe there’s a kernel of truth in that, at least for health-conscious eaters. Popcorn isn’t such a bad choice, when we’re craving something salty and crunchy.
Just ask Amy Livingston, of New Jersey, who cites The Health Benefits of Popcorn. Or take a look at these nutritional information labels from a couple of the most popular microwave popcorn products.
How do you prefer your popcorn?
Are you a hot-air popcorn fan? Do you pop plain popcorn in a pan on the stove, on the grill, or over an open campfire? Or do you simply set the microwave for popcorn, and let it happen?
Plenty of people, like Nevada’s Robert Donaldson, Grow Popcorn in the Garden. Freelancer Ann Pietrangelo even produced a Popcorn Trivia Quiz.
Popcorn is plentiful!
Penny pinchers claim popcorn is an economical eat, unless you buy the bountiful buckets at the cinema. Wisconsin’s Joshua Cook asks if Movie Theater Popcorn Prices Are Too High.
Pearl Edwards, of Indiana, even offers Money Saving Tips for Parents: A Cheaper, Healthier Way to Pop Popcorn for Snack Time.
Popcorn recipes are fun on National Popcorn Day.
Check out these popcorn recipes from several of my writing colleagues and friends:
- Delicious Toppings to Add on to Microwave Popcorn – Lauren Romano
- Easy Popcorn Recipe Ideas - by Kay Whittenhauer
- How to Make Healthy Buttered Popcorn – Amy Brantley
- How to Make Old-Fashioned Popcorn – by Karen Barnes
- How to Make Popcorn Balls – Michelle M. Guilbeau-Sheppard
- How to Make Stove-Top Popcorn – by Lindsey Dunn
- Make Your Own Gourmet Popcorn – Crystal Ray
- Popcorn Recipes - Kettle Corn, Popcorn Balls, Flavored Popcorn – Darlene Michaud
- Try This Fun Coco Puff Popcorn Roll – Angel Vee
- Healthy, Nutritious Diet and Weight Loss Snacks: Popcorn Recipes – Marilisa Kinney Sachteleben
Here’s something to chew on: October is National Popcorn Month. We Americans sure love our popcorn.
In fact, Donna Daniels published an interesting piece, titled The History of Popcorn.
Who’s hungry now?
Pass that bowl of crunchy kernels, would you, please?
Popcorn – Creative Commons Licensing
Microwave Popcorn Product Labels – Fair Use Photos