Wednesday

Halloween Weirdness


-->

The questions are in bold, and my responses are in italics. For: Wednesday Weirdness #27

1.) As an adult, do you do anything for Halloween or is it just another day?

Our family participates in an annual fall festival at our church. (I usually work at the face-painting table.) In our neighborhood, trick-or-treating is usually on the weekend preceding Halloween, and we pass out candy to children who come calling.

As a family, we carve pumpkins together, and we like to make orange-and-black pumpkin face cookies.

2.) Do you ever dress up for Halloween? What will be your costume this year?

In the past 10 years, I think I have dressed up for Halloween twice. We attended a neighborhood masquerade party, and I wore a monarch butterfly costume. (I sewed it myself.) On the second occasion, I wore my daughter’s cheerleader uniform to a costume party.

Usually, if I accompany my kids for trick-or-treating, I wear jeans, my barn coat and cowboy boots. (Hey, that’s not a costume. Those are my usual clothes!)

3.) Have you started Christmas shopping yet? When do you usually begin?

I’m gonna have to pull a Biden here. “Is that a real question?”

4.) Do you look people in the eye when talking? Does it bother you when people don't make eye contact during conversation?

For generations, looking people in the eye when talking has been a hallmark of etiquette in my family. My grandparents and parents stressed this. It’s in the same chapter of the family tradition manual as shaking hands when introduced to someone new and rising to stand when an adult enters the room.

5.) What excuse do you usually use when you want to take a day off work for no real reason?

I ‘m feeling a little hoarse today. (Actually, I need some time with my little horse.)
6.) How often, on average, do you find yourself thinking about sex per day?

What!?! I have internet-savvy children and grandchildren, so I will not address this one. (OK, so maybe their parents were wedding presents, but I still have to act like a responsible grandparent. This post is G-rated.)
  7.) What company makes your favorite brand of shoes? What makes them your favorite?
My favorites are Dansko clogs, and Simple walking sneakers. They are pure podiatric paradise. I also adore Frye boots.

8.) Do you ever save alcohol bottles once they are empty?

We have no alcohol in the house anymore. When we did, I’d just put the bottles in the recycling bin.

9.) Do you enjoy musicals?

Yes! I love attending musicals, participating in musicals, etc. Got tickets?

Need help making an active link for blog comments?
Feel free to bookmark it for future reference!

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, face painting was always so fun to get done when I was a kid. I do my own now if I get it done though. Nice answers! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog on LWG blogroll and thought I'd say hi... off to read more...

    ReplyDelete