Saturday

Posting Letters and Pre-Set Watches

Our friend Crazy Sam offers Saturday 9 this week. Her questions appear in bold type, and my responses are in italics.

1. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?

I mailed a couple of birthday cards to my brother last month. Birthday cards, thank-you notes and bills are about the only items I mail (the old-fashioned way) anymore.

See: "
Thank-You Notes and Family Quotes."

2. Can you change the oil on a car?

One of my brothers did show me how to do this, many years ago. However, I take my car to a garage for oil changes, so that the manufacturer's warranty will remain intact for as long as possible.

See: "
Extended Car Warrantees: Another Dealer Add-On?"

3. Name three things you have on you at all times.

At all times, I try to have my eyeglasses, my cell phone and my car keys. Hey, has anyone seen my car keys? Are my glasses on top of my head again? And would you please call my cell phone, so I can find it?

See: "Out of Gases and Sunglasses."

4. What’s your life motto?

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1, NIV)

See: "
Seeking Vision."

5. What’s a word that you say a lot?

"What?"

6. What were you doing at midnight last night?

At midnight, I was getting out of bed, yet again, to remind a certain preteen and sleepover pal to turn off the television and hit the hay.

See: "
Sleepless Nights and Slumber Parties."

7. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

"These new glasses have got to go. How did my face turn into a road map?"

See: "
Whack-a-Mole: A Rhymed Raging Over Signs of Aging."

8. Who is your worst enemy?

He has already been defeated. "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4, NIV).

See: "
The End of Fear."

9. What does your watch look like?

Most of the time, I wear a basic Timex sports watch, particularly for home tasks and horseplay (at the barn). My watch is set five minutes ahead, just to make sure.

See: "
Making Up Time."

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely an interesting insight into who you are personally. Great post!

    ReplyDelete