Monday

Faces on Facebook

Camera Critters (photo/s)

Scenic Sunday (photo/s )

Show and Tell Saturdays (photo/s)

Straight Out of the Camera (SOOC Sunday)

Wordless Wednesday (any day – photo/s)



Photo c2009 by Nickers and Ink.
All rights reserved.

Faces on Facebook

Last week, I had the blessing of spending several days in the South with my mom. We enjoyed the seashore and the sunshine. How wonderful it was to enjoy a lovely stretch of uninterrupted time, away from daily tasks and my desk.

Upon returning home, I found a flurry of emails and messages. Logging into my Facebook account, I discovered more than 100 application requests. These included a full array of those virtual (read: not real) flowers, fishy creatures and other gifts. Apparently, I had been kidnapped by a friend with fuzzy pink handcuffs as well. Who knew?


Certainly, the most prevalent notification of all pertained to photo-tagging. Several friends had identified me in various components of this clip-art collage:


Needless to say, I did not return the favor. I'm not sure which of my friends would go where in these images - or whether the tagging might offend them. (What would you do?)

Besides, I'm still trying to catch up with pending deadlines. It sure is nice to get away for a bit, even if we have to hit the ground running when we return.

What do you think?

Do you participate in virtual gifting? How about comic image tagging? What's your take on this?

5 comments:

  1. Oh that facebook can take over if left to itself! LOL. I would just delete it all and start fresh!!
    Nice beach!! LOL. Looks like ours.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start by saying the photo is gorgeous and makes me eager for warmer weather!

    As far as all the facebook stuff... I tried to keep up for awhile, but I'm in the same boat as you. I work four jobs and don't have a lot of 'free time', so I can't keep up with all the virtual gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha those facebook labels.

    Love the beach anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo. The clouds, the waves, the cool colors, the slight reflection off the thin layer of water on the sand, and the sense of jeopardy for the gull all combine wonderfully.

    Those facebook labels are really funny. My favorites are probably the Pokemon ones.

    ReplyDelete