Friday

A Bedtime Story?


A Bedtime Story


Sometimes a familiar story is worth revisiting.

Maybe you have heard this amusing account before. If so, please forgive me.


I’m not sure where this story started, but I am a sucker for an adorable anecdote, particularly if it’s about children. And what parent has not seen this scene at some point?

+  +  +    +  +  +    +  +  +    +  +  +

Little Larry’s father had already tucked him into bed. They had enjoyed a bedtime story and a good-night hug and kiss. It was time to sleep.

Not five minutes later, Little Larry called out, “Da-a-a-ad!”

“What, son?”

“I’m thirsty. Can I have a drink of water.”

“No. You already had a drink of water. Go to sleep, son.”

Three minutes passed. Then Little Larry was at it again. “Da-a-a-ad!”

“What is it?”

“I’m still thirsty. Please! Please! Please! Can I have a drink of water?”

“I already told you no. Ask me again, and I will have to spank you.”

Two minutes later, Little Larry yelled. “Da-a-a-ad!”

“What is it now?”

"When you come in here to spank me, can you bring a drink of water?"

+  +  +    +  +  +    +  +  +    +  +  +

Add to Technorati Favorites

  

No comments:

Post a Comment