Chopping onions? Got onion-y smelling hands? Don't cry! Here are five ways you can make your hands smell fresh again.
1) Cut up a fresh lemon, and rub the pulp and juices on your hands. Then wash your hands with soap and water. Your hands will smell fresh and clean!
2) Rub table salt on your hands. Wash with warm water.
3) Dip your hands in tomato juice or V-8 Vegetable Juice for a few minutes, then wash them with soap and water.
4) Make a sticky paste with baking soda and water. Rub this on your hands, then wash as usual.
5) Under cold running water, rub your hands vigorously against stainless steel (flatware, a mixing bowl, or even the kitchen sink) for several minutes. Wash with soap and warm water.
A stainless steel "soap" is also available. You can purchase it online at Wishing Fish for about $10.00 or at Uncommon Goods for $14.00. We bought a similar product, The Rub-Away Bar, for $7.50 at Crate & Barrel. This makes a very practical gift!For more information, click here to read "Onion-y Hands." Or click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content.