Theme parties are popular, particularly when it comes to bridal showers.
I’ve been to several creatively themed gatherings, geared towards showering brides-to-be with gifts they’ll use in their new wedded lives. Maybe you have too.
Although some bridal shower themes focus on the food, décor, or entertainment the party will offer (such as movies, tea parties, the tropics, or wine tasting), the topic most often pertain to the gifts that attendees will be presenting to the guest of honor.
12 popular bridal shower themes
Some of the most intriguing bridal showers have included these themes:
- Gift cards
- Gourmet foods
- Personal care
- Sporting equipment
Creative bridal shower hostesses frequently employ gift-guidance gimmicks for guests as well. Have you heard of these sorts of showers?
- A to Z – Guests pick presents that start with their designated letters.
- Around the Clock – Each guest is asked to match her gift to a particular time of day.
- Month-by-Month – Attendees offer gifts that would likely be used during their assigned months.
- Room-by-Room – Guests are assigned rooms of a hypothetical house and urged to select gifts that might be used in those chambers.
Here are a few bridal shower theme how-to’s from writing colleagues and friends:
- Bridal Shower Themes: Cooking and Kitchen – Annette Phillips
- Party Themes: Bridal Shower Theme Ideas – Kristen May
- Fun Bridal Shower Ideas and Themes – Rachel Carpenter
However you theme it, a bridal shower is a lovely way for a bride to be honored (and often surprised) by her bridesmaids or others close to her.
In fact, I’m hosting a bridal shower for my niece in a few weeks. And, nope, I’m not tell what the theme is to be.
Last year’s A to Z post: PB and J Day
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.
2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge logo