C is for Cookie Gifts.
Who doesn’t love cookies?
Cookies make wonderful gifts for all sorts of folks – from new neighbors to piano teachers, and from favorite friends to first-time parents or in-a-pinch errand runners. A fresh-baked batch of delicious morsels offers a wonderful welcome, a terrific thank-you gesture, or a much-needed boost.
Baking enthusiasts may enjoy whipping up a few dozen cookies to share, arranging the goodies on a pretty plate or in a fancy cookie tin for presentation. Others may simply assemble the key ingredients and allow their recipients to finish the process.
Pick your favorite cookies: bars, cut-outs, dipped, drops, filled, sandwich, or whatever strikes your fancy. Make them chocolate, fruit, vanilla, whole grain, or any flavor you love. Pick a bunch for gifting, but be sure to save some for home!
As the famous Cookie Monster from “Sesame Street” sang, “C is for Cookie. That’s good enough for me.”
Take a look at these creative cookie gift articles by a big batch of friends and fellow writers:
- Gift Topper Ideas for Gifts in a Jar, by C. Jeanne Heida. Planning on making "gifts in a jar" for someone special? Maybe pre-mixed cookie recipes? Learn some fun and low cost ways to dress up your homespun gift.
- Holiday Special - Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar Recipe, by Linda Ann Nickerson. Need a creative, economical gift for a hostess, neighbor, teacher or other special person? Why not mix up several cookie mixes and place them in jars or cute tins? Follow these five simple steps to make chocolate chip jar cookie mixes for holiday giving.
- How to Make Cake Pops like Starbucks, by Tricia Goss. Do you love the little cake pops sold at Starbucks? Treat yourself and your family by making them at home. Or give them as gifts.
- Ideas for Homemade Cookie Mix in a Jar Gifts, by Karen Barnes. You may have seen these types of cookie mix jar gifts at Walmart, Target, and other retail stores. Rather than buying these cookie mixes in a jar as gifts, make your own cookie mix jar gifts. You can use this wonderful cookie mix in a jar to make gifts for your family and friends.
- Ideas for Men's Custom Birthday Gift Baskets, by Jennifer Claerr. It isn't hard to come up with gift basket ideas for men. Most men love cookies, which make excellent birthday gifts. You can use the following ideas to create a homemade birthday gift basket he will love.
- Making Tasty Homemade Fortune Cookies, by Jaipi Sixbear. Fortune cookies are fun to make and give. Here’s a fabulous recipe for fortune cookies along with unique ideas for fortunes.
- Shipping Cookie Gifts to Deployed Soldiers, by Maggie Ray. Shipping cookie gifts will lift the spirits of the troops of your choice but including cards, notes, pictures and letters will make the package complete.
- Unusual Ingredients You Can Add to Cookie Mix, by Darlene Michaud. Here are some unusual ingredients you can add to your cookie mix to make some interesting cookies. How about coffee, garbanzo beans, and other curious components?
Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.