Thursday

This angel takes flight to our treetop each year

 

TREE TOPPER – for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

The angel graces the top of our Christmas tree every December, but the process of placing her there is anything but graceful.


 I’m not exactly tall, and it falls to me to affix this tree topper to our Tannenbaum without falling on my face (or anything else).

 Ever since we’ve been empty nesters, I’ve pretty much been the Little Red Hen of holiday decorating.

“Who will haul all of the Christmas décor out of storage?”

“Who will unpack the boxes?”

“Who will set up the Christmas tree?”

“Who will hang the ornaments?”

 

OK, you get the point.

 So I stand atop a wobbly wooden stepstool and grab the uppermost branch of the tree. I tip it forward, hoping like heck not to topple the whole tree.  I wrap a couple of twist ties around the angel and the top branch. I tuck a bulb of the tree’s white lights through the angel’s armpit to brighten her features.

Then I hope this adorable angelic visitor stays put for the season, so the Little Red Hen can repeat the process in reverse.

 

 

Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment