Saturday

Do decorations ring true?

 

DECORATIONS - for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

Wreaths are a year-round thing for me. My front door is adorned with a seasonal circle at any time of the year. I have a red floral wreath for Valentine’s Day, a tulip wreath for early spring, a patriotic wreath for Memorial Day … and so on.

 Right now, the front door sports a festive Christmas wreath.

 Lots of people practice such a pattern of decorating.

 


But here’s something I do that might be a little different.

 No matter the season or holiday, I like to hang an ornament inside my front door wreath. Most often, it’s something little with a simple message. It might say, “Joy,” “Peace,” “Love,” or “Welcome,” (I haven’t yet resorted to one saying, “Scram” or “Come back later.”)

 When people step onto my porch to ring the bell, I hope the message in my decorative wreath rings true as well.

 

Because decorations aren’t worth anything without decorum.

 

Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment