Wednesday

Golden dreams proved portents of quests to come

 

PICK A COLOR – for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

This golden holiday ornament cites the title of Frank Sinatra’s 1964 hit single, “My Kind of Town.” It appeared on our own Christmas tree many years ago – three houses ago, in fact. (It came in a little red box from the old Marshall Fields department store. Who remembers Christmas shopping at Marshall Fields?)

 


At the time, it merely marked our nearest major metropolis.

 At the time, I’d never dreamed I’d run the streets of that city in one of the World Majors Marathons.

 At the time, I didn’t even like running, unless I was chasing after my then-young children (who now have families and homes and Christmas trees of their own).

 So this little gold ornament now carries multiple meanings. That’s golden – in a whole lot of ways.

 Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment