Friday

Clogging up Christmas with funky footwear

 

FUNKY – for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

This little pair of Dutch wooden shoes (which are actually too little for anyone who has tried them on) came my way a couple of years ago in a holiday gift swapping game. Once I opened the package, no one wanted to swap with me.


 

 These shoes (often called clogs), though somewhat fun, are a little funky for my taste. First, they don’t fit. Second, they have been passed around a bit. Third, I think I’d fall right out of them, if I actually were able to step into them in the first place.

 The dictionary defines “funky” with such words as “informal,” “odd,” “quaint,” “striking,” “unconventional,” or “unusual.” The word can also refer to a stinky sort of smell or a certain form of music carrying a strong dance rhythm.

 You be the judge. Are these funky or simply fun?


 Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment