Saturday

Lights bring horsey memories to life

 LIGHT - - for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

How many Christmas trees do you put up each year? If you’re like me, your answer is greater than one.

 Working from my home office, I enjoy having festive holiday décor near my desk. Located in an upstairs bedroom in our house, I enjoy glancing at bright holiday loveliness as I tap on my keyboard.

 Our larger/primary Christmas tree, displayed in the living room downstairs, boasts all classic clear lights. The wreath on the front porch is similarly lit. But up in my office, I relish multicolored strands on my much smaller tree

This arrangement features all of my horse and horse-related ornaments, collected over many years of equestrian pursuits.

 Groupings include likenesses of my own horses, as well as a couple of famous racehorses, a tiny stick pony, a couple of rocking horses, several miniature cowboy boots, home-sewn horses, a little cowboy hat, a carousel horse, and more.

You might say my office allows me to horse around a bit, while I work. Because it somehow helps not to take every project too seriously.

 Sometimes a few sparkly bulbs can lighten our lives – at least during the holiday season.

 
 

Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment