Monday

Bearly an angel, but still a fun find

BEAR - for the 2021 Holiday Photography Challenge (See sidebar for full list.).

 

This ornament appeared on our Christmas tree somewhat mysteriously about 20 years ago. We had a Christmas party, and our house was filled with dozens of friends and neighbors. Santa even came!

 That’s right! The jolly old elf sat in one of my rocking chairs. (Those who know me know I have something of an addiction to old rocking chairs.) And he read A Visit from St. Nicholas (“The Night Before Christmas”) to the many children attending the party. Each child received a red Santa hat (complete with an attached white beard).

 After the last guest had left, I began tidying up the place. That’s when I spotted this angel bear ornament, hanging on our Christmas tree.


 Did Santa leave that there? Or did a guest secretly hang this little winged treasure for us to find?

 I’ll never know. But it’s still a fun find.

 Image/s: Personal photo/s. All rights reserved.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are invited to visit my author page on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment