Tuesday

Grapefruit is great.




Good golly, grapefruit is good.

When it comes to grapefruit, I generally go for the ruby red variety. I also like pink grafefruit. OK, I will occasionally eat the white kind, but it’s not my first choice.

And I almost always have a bottle of  ruby red grapefruit juice in my refrigerator. It’s just so refreshing, even if it doesn’t go too well with a lot of other tastes.

But I’ve gotta have it.

I keep grapefruit chilled in the fridge until I’m ready to dig into it. And I like it best the old-fashioned way: cut in half and eaten right out of the fruit itself. I nearly never peel and eat grapefruit like an orange or tangerine.

Some folks do, but not me.

I don’t use those special serrated grapefruit spoons. And I don’t have a grapefruit knife. I just grab a paring knife from the drawer.

What’s more, I don’t usually stick half a grapefruit into a storage container. I’m likely to wipe out both halves in a single sitting.

And I rarely pick up those little pre-packaged grapefruit segments cups. I like the real thing best.

Keep the grapes. 

I don’t like ‘em anyway. But give me grapefruit, and I’ll be grateful.

Practically at Home is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!

Image/s:

Moods and Foods from A to Z - Created by this user
Other photo/s – Creative Commons Licensing


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment