Save on Home and Garden Items from Amazon.

Save on Scrapbooking Supplies

Wednesday

Hold the hazelnuts – before I have hives.



I hate hazelnuts. OK, in all honesty, I’m just allergic to them. 

So the hatred is health-related.

Hosts of hazelnut lovers stick ‘em in desserts. The mere mention of hazelnut cakes, candies, chocolates, and cookies makes many people hungry.

But not me.

I practically break out in a rash at the mere mention of the acorn-like nuts.

Still, there is one hazelnut I enjoy.

There’s a special little girl in our family named Hazel, and she’s fondly tagged the Hazelnut. She  is very sweet, and she likes to bake – perhaps even with hazelnuts.

But that’s a whole different story.

Practically at Home is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!

Image/s:
Moods and Foods from A to Z - Created by this user
Other photo/s – Creative Commons Licensing


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Like this blog?  Check out Practically at Home on Facebook. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


 

3 comments:

  1. It must be frustrating to have to be cautious all the time. I do love hazelnut coffee creamer.

    Visiting from A to Z~
    Wendy at Jollett Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm allergic to macadamia nuts, but I do love hazelnuts! I imagine hazelnuts are harder to avoid. And you can't have nutella!! So sad!

    Stopping by from the A to Z
    Marie at www.marie-everydaymiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that's just about the cutest nickname ever! I'm sorry you're allergic... I just hope you're not allergic to anything you actually enjoy a taste for, because that would be tough. I actually love all nuts. The ones mentioned above are some of my faves (macadamias and hazelnuts). I also truly love almonds and pistachios. I even like those slightly gross Brazil nuts when they are mixed with other nuts... even though they sort of taste like a rotted peanut. I enjoy big handfuls of many nuts mixed together. That's one of my favorite snacks. :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — H is for Hearts and Handmade

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin